There are a number of databases freely available on the Internet that can assist you in locating articles on a particular topic(s). These librarian recommended databases are:
- PubMed for medical and health topics
- AGRICOLA for agricultural topics
- ERIC for education topics
- WorldCat to find books, music, videos, articles …
- Google Scholar to find scholarly literature (peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, preprints, abstracts and technical reports) from all broad areas of research
Due to license restrictions, we cannot provide remote access to MU Libraries’ online journal subscriptions.
Possible ways to obtain articles:
- Check with your employer to see if they provide interlibrary loan service.
- Visit your local medical library.
- Order directly online from the publisher (prices vary).
- MU graduates who are members of the Mizzou Alumni Association (MAA) may borrow books owned by MU Libraries at no charge. This does not include interlibrary loan privileges and book requests from MOBIUS Libraries. Please bring your current MU Alumni Association membership card, your Missouri or other state Driver’s License or Missouri State photo ID card, and proof of permanent address (no post office boxes, please) to the Ellis Library Circulation Desk to obtain your courtesy card.
- If you are not a Missouri Alumni Association member, you can purchase a MU Libraries borrowers card.