- Register for a My NCBI account
- Customize your My NCBI account to see FindIt@MU
- Customize your My NCBI account to see Available at MU
Register for a My NCBI account!
Click the Log in button, located at the top right of the page, to register for an account.
To register for an account:
- Enter an alphanumeric username (3 or more letters or numbers) and a password ( 6 or more characters). Passwords are case-sensitive.
- Choose a security question and answer so you can use it to reset your password.
- Enter the five characters you see in the box below the Security Question.
- Enter your e-mail address to use the automatic e-mail updates and the Send to E-mail feature in PubMed.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail from NCBI. Click the link supplied in the e-mail to confirm and begin customizing your account.
Note: Only one e-mail address can be associated with each account.
Customize your My NCBI account to see FindIt@MU options!
Click the Log in, located at the top right of the page, to sign into My NCBI.
Click NCBI Site Preferences to customize your account. To add the FindIt@MU button, click on the Outside Tool to add the “Find It @MU” link.
Select “University of Missouri – Columbia Libraries” then scroll down and click save.
Now, whenever you login to My NCBI, you will see full text icon, for finding, and ordering options.
Customize your My NCBI account to see Available at MU!
The Available at MU filter will show you what’s available online or in a campus library.
- You can access the new filter when you search PubMed from the Health Sciences Library webpage
- You can add it as a custom filter to your personal My NCBI account
- Use the Available at MU when you’re in a time crunch and just want to see what’s available on campus right now.
You will see the option in the upper left area of the results screen. Click on the Available at MU link to limit your search results to only those items available at MU Libraries.
To customize your account, click the Log in button, located at the top right of the page, to sign into My NCBI. Once logged in, click on Dashboard (My NCBI).
Scroll down and click on the link for Manage Filters
Click on the link for Create custom filter. Copy and paste this into the query terms box: Loprovumochsclib [sb] OR free full text [sb]. Title the filter Available at MU and then click Save Filter.
You should see the Available at MU filter in Your PubMed filter list.
And the Available at MU link will display when you search PubMed.