Who may use Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery?
- The Health Sciences Library Interlibrary Loan Department processes requests from MU faculty, staff, and students in Medicine, Nursing, Health Related Professions, Nutrition, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, and Veterinary Medicine.
- Unaffiliated users may request items for a fee.
How can I place a request for materials?
If you already have a reference to an article you want…
- Search and place a request for a specific article all in one step using the Article Finder .The Article Finder will take you to an online copy (if available).
- If the article isn’t online, you can look for a paper copy in the libraries &/or place an order to have it delivered to you. You can also use the blank Journal Article Request form to request journal articles in ILL@MU.
To order articles found in databases like MEDLINE, PubMed, CINAHL, Scopus, Google Scholar, etc…
- Select the .
- It will take you to an online copy (if available).
- If the article isn’t online, you can look for a paper copy in the library &/or place an order to have it delivered to you via email.
To order books…
- Use the Book Finder to search for and order a book.
- Request the book from the MERLIN and MOBIUS catalogs if the book is available.
- If the book isn’t in MERLIN or MOBIUS, you can place your request via Interlibrary Loan. You can also use the blank Book Request Form to request books in ILL@MU.
Is there a charge for Interlibrary Loan?
Interlibrary loan service is provided at no cost to MU users. MU Libraries subsidizes the cost of ordering materials that MU Libraries do not own.
How long does it take?
Most requests for scanned articles and book chapters are received in 1-2 days; books sometimes take 1-2 weeks.
How do I receive/return materials?
Journal articles or book chapters are made available online in ILL@MU in PDF format. Email notices are sent to an MU email account when item(s) are available.
Books can be picked up at the Circulation Desk. Users are emailed when books arrive. Books should be returned to the Interlibrary Loan Department.
What kinds of materials can I borrow?
You may borrow all types of materials that relate to your work and study at the university. Books, book chapters, journal articles, and dissertations are the most common material types borrowed.
Due to financial constraints and the mission of the library, we cannot order items for personal use unrelated to work or study.
How can I check on the status of my requests?
Check on your requests in ILL@MU.
Call us at 573-882-0468 or email us if you have any questions.