Distance Education Students
Access to resources
- Consult our Access from Off Campus page for detailed information about authenticating and online access to library resources
Get journal articles and books
- Check the Journal Finder for journal availability or use the FindIt@MU link in databases like MEDLINE or CINAHL.
- You can order articles that are not available fulltext online via ILL@MU.
- You will receive an email when your PDF article is available for you to access online.
- E-books are available for you to use.
- Ordering books
- Book chapters can be ordered through Interlibrary Loan/ILL@MU. This is much faster than ordering an entire print book.
- Ordering books from the MOBIUS catalog
- Pick Up Anywhere
- Mailing books to your home
- If a book is not available via the MOBIUS catalog (see above), you can order it through Interlibrary Loan/ILL@MU from a library outside the system.
- Note that books ordered through Interlibrary Loan can be delivered to your home address, but you must pay the postage for mailing the book back to the library.
- Books ordered through Interlibrary Loan have shorter loan periods, so you will only be able to keep the book for a week or two.
- Books ordered through Interlibrary Loan cannot be picked up in libraries in Missouri using the Pick Up Anywhere option.
- Textbooks may not be ordered through Interlibrary Loan.
- Please indicate your mailing address in the Notes field of the Interlibrary Loan request form if you would like the book to be mailed to your home address.
- Remember that ordering book chapters is much easier and efficient through Interlibrary Loan. You can order up to 3 chapters from one book.