A sound knowledge of anatomy and physiology is an essential basis for the effective clinical treatment of companion animals. The new third edition Introduction to Veterinary Anatomy and Physiology Textbook offers clear and comprehensive of the common companion animal species. Updated throughout with a new section added on large animals, the new edition features augmented online learning resources with new questions and quizzes. Students can test their knowledge with multi-choice questions, drag and drop exercises and an image bank, while instructors can download questions, figures and exercises to use as teaching aids.
- An essential first purchase for all those embarking upon a veterinary career
- Includes augmented on-line resources with self-assessment tools and teaching aids
- Comprehensive coverage of all major companion animal species
- New large animal section added covering the cow, sheep and pig
- ‘Applied Anatomy’ tips relate theory to clinical practice, showing the relationship between anatomy and physiology and the disease process
Progress in Medicinal Chemistry, Volume 56 provides a review of eclectic developments in medicinal chemistry. This volume includes chapters covering recent advances in cancer therapeutics, fluorine in medicinal chemistry, a perspective on the next generation of antibacterial agents derived by manipulation of natural products, a potential new era for Chagas Disease drug discovery, and imaging in drug development. Specific chapters cover timely topics, such as the development of LRRK2 inhibitors for the treatment of Parkinson’s, and recent discoveries and developments in TRPA1 modulators.
Users will find a comprehensive resource on the topic of medicinal chemistry that also discusses avenues for the acceleration of drug discovery programs.
- Extended, timely reviews of topics in medicinal chemistry
- Contains targets and technologies relevant to the discovery of tomorrow’s drugs
- Presents analyses of successful drug discovery programs