Concise, compact, fully-illustrated and easy to read, Arrhythmia Essentials, 2nd Edition provides detailed, practical information on recognizing and treating heart rhythm disturbances for clinicians with any level of expertise. The author team, led by renowned authority in cardiac electrophysiology, Dr. Brian Olshansky, guides you skillfully through the different types of arrhythmias and how they present on ECGs. You’ll find specific examples of each arrhythmia, numerous algorithms to facilitate an approach to arrhythmia diagnosis and management, updates on medical therapy, and indications for implantable rhythm management devices and ablation – all in a convenient, softcover volume that’s perfect for on-the-go reference.
- conditions, clinical symptoms/presentations, and management.
- Includes numerous therapy/guideline tables and treatment algorithms.
- Offers new coverage of managing arrhythmias during pregnancy and expanded information on athletes and arrhythmias.
- Incorporates recommendations based on recent published guidelines.
- New! Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Vascular and Endovascular Surgery meets the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants for a contemporary and evidence-based account of this sub-specialty that is relevant to their general surgical practice. It is a practical reference source incorporating the most current information on recent developments, management issues and operative procedures. The text is thoroughly referenced and supported by evidence-based recommendations wherever possible, distinguishing between strong evidence to support a conclusion, and evidence suggesting that a recommendation can be reached on the balance of probabilities.
For this Sixth Edition the authorship team across the series has been expanded to include additional European and World experts, with an increased emphasis on global practice. Throughout all six volumes the contents have been extensively revised in line with recently published evidence. Detailed supportive key references are provided and are also included within the comprehensive list of references in the accompanying ebook. Links to recommended online videos have been added where appropriate.
- The Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series provides a current and concise summary of the key topics within the major sub-specialties of general surgery.
- Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and within the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
Vascular surgery is developing at a rapid pace, especially in the field of medical therapy and endovascular interventions. This new edition aims to put these developments into context, and give a balanced view with regard to technological advances and more traditional techniques. Vascular and endovascular practitioners will find this a very useful resource in their day to day clinical practice.