- Two hour loan for the university community.
- Journals may not be renewed.
- Four months loans for faculty, graduate and professional students, and staff.
- One month for all others.
- Loan periods vary on books borrowed from other MERLIN & MOBIUS libraries.
- For use within the library. Renewals on reserve materials are restricted.
- Two hour use within the library for most materials.
- Four hour use for Study Guides.
- Loan periods vary on course reserves.
- Borrowers may check out only two reserve items at one time. Reserve materials must be returned to the Circulation Desk.
Reference and Rare Books
- Non-circulating to all users.
- Special permission may be obtained at the Information Desk to use these materials outside the library.
- Most media items and slides may be checked out for three days by the University community.
- Media reserve items are available for two hour use within the library by the University community.
- All AV materials with the exception of materials on Media Reserve and Ciba Slides will be circulated to interlibrary loan patrons for one month.
- AV materials that are damaged or too fragile will not be checked out.
- An iPod iTouch with Dynamed, ePocrates, and some pre-installed free medical apps is available for 2 week checkout from the Health Sciences Library Circulation Desk.